Outstanding job in writing my paper. I am always thrill to receive a well written paper that follows the instructions and the thorough details put into my paper. The quality of this paper is beyond awesome. Thank you so much.
1. When managers establish a structure of work relationships that determines how their
employees will cooperate and act collaboratively to achieve organizational goals, they are
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the managerial roles identified by Henry Mintzberg?
3. The managerial role of a ________ is BEST described as giving direct command and orders to
4. According to Mintzberg, a manager is acting as a ________ when she launches a new
organizational advertising campaign to promote a new product.
5. When a skilled manager moves from one company to another he will MOST LIKELY have to
refine his ________ skills.
6. ________ skills enable managers to lead and control the behaviors of other people and groups.
7. A company is looking to hire a person that will need to work with five others on a project. The
open spot is due to an employee abruptly leaving. In her exit questionnaire, she wrote that the
other team members were impossible. During the interview process, which question would BEST
help the company find the best person for this position?
a. Do you like trying new things?
b. Are you a worrier?
c. Do you believe your actions affect your fate?
d. Do you have sympathetic feelings for others?
8. Individuals likely to experience negative moods at work, feel stressed, and generally have a
negative orientation toward the work situation are said to be ________.
c. low on neuroticism
d. high on neuroticism
9. ________ is the trait that captures the distinction between individuals who get along with other
people and those who do not.
b. Openness to experience
d. External locus of control
10. Which of the dimensions of personality do competence, order, and self-discipline fall under?
11. A low level of agreeableness would MOST LIKELY be an asset for a ________.
a. drill sergeant
b. FBI agent
c. prosecuting attorney
d. football player
12. Individuals high on ________ are more likely to feel good at work and be satisfied with their
13. The collection of feelings and beliefs that people have about their organization as a whole is
known as organizational ________.
14. The cognitive component of a worker’s attitude is the employee’s ________.
a. feelings about his or her job or organization
b. beliefs about the job or organization
c. thoughts about how to behave in his or her job or organization
d. ethical stance on his or her job or organization
15. How people feel at the time they are actually performing their jobs is referred to as work
d. work values
16. The ________ component of a worker’s attitude reflects his thoughts about how to behave on
17. Workers who feel excited, enthusiastic, active, strong, and elated are MOST LIKELY
a. job satisfaction
b. organizational commitment
c. openness to experience
d. positive work moods
18. ________ is rude interpersonal behavior that reflects a lack of respect for others.
a. Organizational conflict
b. Workplace incivility
c. Negative affectivity
d. Discriminatory marginality
19. Which is NOT one of the ways in which managers can guard against faulty decisions due to
a. base perceptions on observed behaviors
b. do not take personal motives into consideration
c. concentrate on actual performance
d. avoid unwarranted assumptions
20. An individual’s ________ is influenced by his own characteristics, the true characteristics of
the target and the situation.
21. As the ambiguity of a target increases, it becomes ________.
a. harder for perceivers to form accurate perceptions
b. less likely that various perceivers will perceive the target differently
c. less difficult to determine what the target is really like
d. easier for perceivers to form accurate perceptions
22. Targets are perceived to be smarter, more credible, and more responsible than others when
they have ________.
a. more perception
b. less power
c. greater ambiguity
d. high social status
23. When an employee reminds his boss about his past accomplishments, the employee is using
the tactic of ________.
b. situational conformity
d. behavioral matching
24. People are MOST likely to use impression management tactics when interacting with
a. over whom they have power
b. who have power over them
c. that they will never see again
d. with high situational salience
25. The impression management tactic of ________ occurs when the target tries to present himself
or herself in as positive a light as possible.
a. behavioral matching
b. flattering others
d. being consistent
1. Managers who use reinforcement must do all of the following EXCEPT ________.
a. choose whether to use continuous or partial reinforcement
b. decide whether to use conditioned or unconditioned stimuli
c. identify the correct behavior to reinforce
d. exercise caution so as not to too extensively reinforce a behavior
2. The performance of a desired behavior is reinforced on a(n) ________ when partial
reinforcement is used to encourage learning.
a. timely basis
b. continuous basis
c. sequential basis
d. intermittent basis
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the four schedules of partial reinforcement?
a. fixed-interval schedule
b. sequentially-set schedule
c. fixed-ratio schedule
d. variable-ratio schedule
4. With a ________ schedule, a certain number of desired behaviors must occur before
reinforcement is provided.
5. Fred Friend sometimes rewards his workers by ordering out for pizza. He usually does this after
he has received three to five compliments on his department’s performance, but over time, it
averages out to every four compliments. Fred is using a ________ schedule.
6. If a worker is unable to learn to perform a complicated task all at once, ________ would be the
MOST effective in encouraging employees to gradually acquire the skills and expertise needed to
perform at an adequate level.
a. positive reinforcement
c. operant conditioning
7. The law office of Smith and Smith is one of safety and comfort. Co-workers are friends and
there are several office parties. However, everything is not perfect. June has a large family and
her salary is just not enough to cover everything. Bill makes the same salary but because he is
single and doesn’t have many expenses, his needs are met. Sam, a new employee, appreciates
the office parties but still feels out of the loop. According to Maslow, who is most likely to be
motivated by interesting projects and opportunities for growth?
d. any of the employees may be equally motivated by interesting projects
8. Mick Box was recognized as Salesperson of the Year because of his outstanding sales record.
Maslow would assert that Mick’s ________ needs were met by this award.
9. Regis Marzoni is hunting for a house that will impress his neighbors and colleagues, and thus
show them that he has “made it big.” Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory would classify his
house hunting as being motivated by _______needs.
10. In ERG theory, ________ needs involve self-development and creative, productive work.
11. According to ERG theory, ________ needs include food, water, clothing, shelter, safe and
12. Mark Ludwig’s attempts at becoming a commercial illustrator have led to frustration, despite
his desire to improve his creative skills and be productive as an artist. According to Alderfer’s
ERG theory, once Mark accepts that he will be unable to become an illustrator, he is MOST
LIKELY to ________.
a. focus more on his workplace relationships
b. start taking bookkeeping classes at the local community college
c. increase his level of persistence
d. begin displaying dysfunctional behaviors
13. Possible disadvantages of job enrichment include all of the following EXCEPT ________.
a. unwanted additional responsibility
b. expensive and impossible to do
c. reduced efficiency
d. repression of intrinsic motivation
14. The primary focus of the job characteristics model is identifying which job characteristics
contribute to ________.
a. work that is extrinsically motivating
b. intrinsically motivating work
c. skill variety of workers
d. growth-need strength of workers
15. In the job characteristics model, the extent to which a job involves performing a whole piece of
work from beginning to end is referred to as ________.
a. job crafting
b. task identity
d. task significance
16. Jerry finds his job as an intensive care nurse very rewarding and challenging. No day is ever
the same. Jerry’s one complaint is that he does not always find out how his patients do after
leaving his unit. On a whole, he is satisfied with his schedule. Jerry will MOST LIKELY rank low
in what core job dimension?
a. task identity
b. task significance
d. skill variety
17. George is a mail carrier for the post office. While George enjoys his job and recognizes that
he is making an important difference to people’s lives—delivering their mail to them—he is
bored with his job and wishes that he has more opportunities to learn new things and then use
what he learned. George would be happier if he had more ________ in his job.
a. task significance
c. skill variety
18. In the job characteristics model, the extent to which a job has an impact on the lives or work
of other people in or out of the organization is referred to as ________.
b. task variety
c. skill identity
d. task significance
19. One way to view personal stressors is by categorizing them as ________.
a. sources of positive or negative affectivity
b. major or minor work-life linkages
c. overload or underload factors
d. major or minor life events
20. ________ are not job-related stressors.
a. Arguments with a boss
b. Increased job responsibilities
c. Serious illnesses
d. Angry customers
21. ________ occurs when the set of behaviors or tasks a person in an organization is expected to
perform are at odds with each other.
a. Role ambiguity
b. Role conflict
c. Work-life linkage
d. Role dissension
22. David Nichols is a quality assurance manager at one of the ABC Company’s manufacturing
plants. His job requires him to head up the plant’s quality committee. This committee has
recently become critical of the job being done by the instrumentation lab, a department that
reports to David. His need to deal with the committee’s criticism of the lab and his
management role at the lab may generate stress that would be due to ________.
a. role conflict
b. work-life balance stress
c. role tension
23. A company hires two new employees. While Ellen is training Seth, she gives him a detailed
explanation of what he has to do and what he should do if he wants to be promoted in the
company. Jenny, who has been working at the company for years, has a very different position
than Thomas, the new employee whom she is training. She tells him all about her job and
expectations, but has little information to give him on what his job will entail. What is Thomas
MOST LIKELY to feel?
a. role ambiguity
b. work-life linkage stress
c. role tension
d. role dissension
24. Not having enough work to do, known as ________, can be stressful for employees.
b. slack time
c. break time
d. job rotation
25. Why do organizations use emotion-focused coping strategies?
a. They equip employees with ways to better handle the stress.
b. They lessen the workload for employees.
c. They make the problems go away.
d. They solve some problems but also introduce new ones.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more